Re: _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR moving problem

On Monday 01 July 2002 22:46, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Lubos Lunak <l lunak sh cvut cz> writes:
> >  If I understand _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR correctly, the application
> > should just draw the toolbar itself and the decorations are up to the WM.
>
> Hmm, I think toolbars are perhaps supposed to be decorated by the
> toolkit rather than the WM. I seem to remember Owen bringing up this
> issue before, but I don't remember the outcome for sure.
>
> I'm pretty sure GTK still draws the toolbar decoration itself.

 Well, Qt does the same (and even explicitly uses a noborder window instead of
the toolbar type). But I think it should be the WM's job to do the
decorations. Not that I use detached toolbars, but if I did, I think I
wouldn't like them to look different from decorations of all other windows.
And since Matthias Clasen has a solution for my problem (I haven't tried it
myself yet though), I don't see any other reason for having the app draw the
decorations on detached toolbars.

 l lunak email cz ; l lunak kde org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli