Re: synchronizing window frame/client repaint

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 04:45:55PM +0100, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> This example is not contrived. You could easily imagine a side bar
> that
>
>         - didn't contain any !NO_WINDOW widgets
>         - didn't change (horizontal) size when the main
>           window was resized
>         - contained expensive drawings, like pixbufs

Fair point, I'd agree it's not contrived, but I do think it's a
special case. The normal thing for any resizable window is to contain
at least one thing that resizes when you resize the window - the main
area alongside the sidebar.

So bit gravity is a nice optimization in some cases, but not something
we can rely on as a solution.