Re: STATE_FLOATING (was Re: Pending 1.2 stuff)

Lubos Lunak <l lunak sh cvut cz> writes:
>  The window manager should place windows in the following layers, from the
> bottom:
>  - windows of type _NET_WM_TYPE_DESKTOP
>  - window having state _NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_BELOW
>  - windows not belonging in any other layer (i.e. "normal" windows)
>  - windows of type _NET_WM_TYPE_DOCK
>  - windows having state _NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP

Your approach seems basically reasonable to me. It's more or less how
metacity works.

We should leave open the option for STAYS_ON_TOP to mean 'same layer
as dock' or 'just below dock' instead of 'above dock' I think, as
those are reasonable interpretations. This hint is the "xmms/gkrellm"
hint right.