Re: Pending EWMH additions

Havoc Pennington wrote:

override redirect windows is pretty much undefined. For metacity I
define it as "always on top" in essence because I only ever move a
window just above or just below another managed window; I never
XRaiseWindow().  So this means metacity doesn't move stuff on top of
any override redirect windows. I wonder if we should formally document
this behavior?

It seems like a correct thing.

Icewm does this (no XRaiseWindow) too. But it is a problem when running it under some windows X-servers on multiple window mode (using remote window manager).

It's also a problem when running wine without -managed, but wine window management just totally sucks anyway.

Mark