Re: Gnome wm detection question.

Hi,

You really don't want to use the legacy GNOME hints; use the new EWMH
spec at http://www.freedesktop.org. This won't work with the current
GNOME tasklist/pager, but GNOME 2 will have a compliant
tasklist/pager. I have a library in GNOME CVS ("libwnck") that
implements the new spec and works with kwin/metacity/sawfish that I've
tested.

> _WIN_SUPPORTING_WM_CHECK(CARDINAL) = 14680075

Metacity seems to use type WINDOW not CARDINAL for this, I don't know
if that's right or not, I don't remember why I did it that way.