property specifications

Hi,

if we're looking for stuff to put into 1.1, may I propose to specify
that the format for the properties containing utf8 strings is 8. It
would be even better to just use the proposed standard for this:

http://xfree86.org/pipermail/i18n/2001-January/001015.html

Note however, that this proposes 0-separation rather than 0-termination
(which is more in sync with the other variable-size item list property
types in the ICCCM).

I would also propose to explicitly specify the type for each property
instead of just explaining the expected layout of the data in a somewhat
cryptic C-array notation.

Sorry, no patch currently.

Matthias