[no subject]

This formulas are provided in Implementation Notes/Window Movement
section of wm specs.
 First we define Tc ( client-to-reference point) :

Gravity:       ref_x:         ref_y:
StaticGravity  x              y
NorthWestGravity    x-bw                 y-bw
NorthGravity   x+(width/2)         y-bw
NorthEastGravity    x+width+bw           y-bw
EastGravity         x+width+bw           y+(height/2)
SouthEastGravity    x+width+bw           y+height+bw
SouthGravity   x+(width/2)         y+height+bw
SouthWestGravity    x-bw                 y+height+bw
WestGravity         x-bw                 y+(height/2)
CenterGravity  x+(width/2)         y+(height/2)

And then we define Tf ( reference point -to-frame position ).

All that window manager developer has to do is copy and paste it into
his/her code,
instead of figuring out what ICCCM wording really means. If you disagree
with me
and still think that ICCCM's wording is perfect , just look at all the
Window Managers that claim to
be ICCCM compliant, yet handle window geometry in its own different ways.

Try opening term with SouthEast geometry like so : rxvt -g -10-10 under
different window managers
and then change font size in it - you'll see completely different effects
in
different window managers.

If you still think that WM-Specs wording is fuzzy - then go ahead and
propose clerarer
interpretation.

Cheers
Sasha Vasko