Re: "full screen" windows

---
I've been noting occasional discussions of the order:

"The following window manager is broken: here is a kludge around to
the window protocol stuff to avoid that bug."

While sometimes necessary, there lies long term design madness:
most things people use these days are open source window managers.
Lets fix them rather than kludging up the protocols as much as possible....

At least at the moment, the time from bug fix to widespread deployment
is low (as opposed to the X destop of 4 years ago, where change was
glacial), so lets reset our expectations and avoid kludge arounds as
much as we can...
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys