Re: Initial window placement

> I could have understood if the text was started with "ICCCM is
> horribly bad, so ignore it altogether on this matter", but the text
> starts with "should refer to the ICCCM for *definitive*
> specifications" (emphasis mine)...

You better stop stripping quotes out of context - you keep on
missing the whole picture.
Specs says :

<quote>
Window manager implementors should refer to the ICCCM for
definitive specifications of how to handle MapRequest and
ConfigureRequest events. However, since these aspects of the
ICCCM are easily misread, this document offers the following
clarifications:
</quote>

ICCCM is correct, its just easily misread, which is what you did,
I presume. If you could only try and implement this portion of ICCCM
in real window manager, which I somehow doubt you ever did, you'd
see the light and atlast realize what it really means.

Do me a favor and take a blank sheet of paper, and write down
how would you place frame window for given geometry of client
window based on ICCCM. then do the same using WM-specs.
Then compare the results. Keep on rereading specs untill your results
match.

> SY, Uwe

NSSY, Sasha Vasko