Re: Initial window placement

> Hi,
>
> in the spec 1.1 it says:
> Implementation note for WM developers: when calculating reference point
> at the time of initial placement - initial window's width should be taken
> into consideration, as if it was the frame for this window.

That is wrong - there should be "size" instead of "width".

> Would it not be better to say "size" instead of "width" ? Why make exact
> sizes available only for horizontal ? I played a little with this and
> many WMs seem to implement this anyway, but at least kwin takes only the
> width and adds the decoration to the window's height to get frame height.

I'm not sure you understand what this is all about.
To Test for that you'll need to start somthing with SouthEast gravity,
for example :

rxvt -g -10-10

and see if the frame decoration's lower right outer edge stays at -10-10
when
window comes up and wm decorates it. If it does then everything is good.

> Regards, Philipp

Cheers
Sasha Vasko