Re: Quick question about spec

XTranslateCoordinates is a round trip to the server, if memory serves
me right (but I don't have either the code or my book handy).

It isn't something you want to do recursively inside an application's
toolkit: only when an application realizes its window has been moved
might it make sense to call it to figure out where things are.  Toolkits
should generally have information themselves on where their child windows
are located.
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys