Re: twm? How to test [was: Re: Various comments, mostly on ImplementationNotes]

>Matthias Ettrich writes:
>|What's the simpliest way to test this? Since xv does it definitely wrong,
an
>|ICCC; compliant window manager lets the xv image window jump whenever the
user
>|types 'n', right?
>
>This is what happened with sawfish _before_ I changed it to (what I
>understand as) the ICCCM compliant behaviour!
>
>Now XV stays in the same position when I hit next..

Actually it should jump. It requests NorthWest gravity, but moves self as
if it had
StaticGravity. As the result it should slowly shift up-left-wards.

I had to add a piece of code that would override XV gravity to be static
(if window class is XVroot ) into AfterStep in order to prevent it from
shifting.

>|This does not happen with twm, so I guess twm doesn't do it correctly.
>
>I guess this means that sawfish and twm now do the same thing.. I'm not
>sure if that's correct or not..! :-(

>    John

Sasha.