Re: Various comments, mostly on Implementation Notes

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us writes:
|Windows in question are those that need to use different gravity.
|You can't really force all GTK clients to use Static gravity, and at
|the same time, most of them will want to save their position for later use.

Thanks, I see the problem now.

Wouldn't it be possible to initially map the window with Static
gravity, then change to whatever is required after the first map-notify
event has arrived?

But I'm not sure why applications need to do this, isn't it better to
let the window manager handle _all_ window placement?

The only reason given for this so far is so that applications can place
themselves at their most recent position. The window manager
could/should be responsible for this (at the direction of the user).

I've tried to implement something like this in sawfish, but it's
limited by the lack of a reliable way to identify which windows are the
`same' as previously opened windows. Maybe if we addressed this issue
in the wm-spec, then it would not be necessary for applications to care
about saving and restoring their position..?

|rxvt -g -100-100
|and then change font size in it: Shift+Gray+, Shift+Gray-

I can't work out how to get it to change size, what's Shift+Gray+ ?

	John