Re: layer and strut hints are unnecessary

Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@fvwm.org> writes:

>   Give up the idea of layer/struts hints.  A 'do not cover'
>   hints *is* enough to do what we want.  Matthias mentioned
>   that there is a problem with auto-hiding applications.
>   Let me explain how this problem can easily be solved:
>
>     1) A 'do not cover screen area' hint.
>     2) A 'do not cover my window' hint.
>     3) A 'always keep below everything else' hint.

I don't see why one should make the distinction between 1 and 2. If an
application wants to have an area uncovered different from it's
window, it could simply open an invisible window of the desired size
and set the hint for that. (Well, at least I think it would work, I am
no X expert...)

	Falk