Re: Draft 1.9c

On 25 Nov, Marko Macek scribbled:
->  raster@rasterman.com wrote:
->
->  > well thsi can be done just by PID :) oh hold on.. hmm no actually if
->  > the spawnign spawns a process that spawns yet another process that
->  > spanws yet another process (ie scriptS) then we have isses.. yes an
->  > inherited evnironment variable set by the wm fo rthat "launch" that is
->  > then set on all widnows displayed by that app.. yes.. i see this use..
->  > perhaps it shoudl be in the spec (apps have to set a property ont he
->  > window thta is the contents of thsi variable (numeric) ie:
->  > _NET_INSTANCE_ID(CARDINAL)
->
->  I support this (and PID), but _INSTANCE_ID should be a string.

hmmm - comments? i dont really have a prefernce... :)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster@rasterman.com     raster@valinux.com