Session management

Matthias> Nothing against Troy, but I don't see why session management
Matthias> shall be important for this group besides the encouragement
Matthias> to WM authors to support the well defined X11R6 session
Matthias> management protocol.

I think full compliance ought to require that the window manager be a
well-behaved session client.  Of course, if the spec is merely for "wm
hints", then this doesn't apply.  But if the spec defines wm
compliance in a broader sense, then it does.

If Gnome and KDE extend the session management protocol (and Gnome
does), then the wm might need to be aware of the extensions.  Also, of
course, Gnome and KDE ought to agree on how the extensions work (this
can be done here or on the gnome-kde list; I don't care).

Tom