Re: WM Extended Spec Summary, 6/21/99

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Nathan Clemons wrote:
> Ok, going over some of the recent events:
>
> * The list on the committed section of the project is up to 15. Please
> welcome Troy Tomey, who has worked on the gnome session manager in the
> past and who's experience will undoubtably be useful in this realm, which
> is currently planned to be addressed by this group.

Nothing against Troy, but I don't see why session management shall be important
for this group besides the encouragement to WM authors to support the well
defined X11R6 session management protocol.

> * Contact is still pending on Alfredo from WindowMaker. Mike, have you
> been able to get ahold of Jim Getty's or someone else from X.ORG?

I really want to have him in this group, as well as Raster and someone from
AfterStep (anyone who knows someone?). After all, these are pretty common
window managers.

Thanks for the update of the webpages, Nathan. Just an addition: Dominik is the
fvwm maintainer. Some names still have questionmarks, though, for example
Matthias Clasen and Frederico Quintero.

Matthias