WM Extended Spec Summary, 6/21/99

Ok, going over some of the recent events:

* The list on the committed section of the project is up to 15. Please
welcome Troy Tomey, who has worked on the gnome session manager in the
past and who's experience will undoubtably be useful in this realm, which
is currently planned to be addressed by this group.

* Contact is still pending on Alfredo from WindowMaker. Mike, have you
been able to get ahold of Jim Getty's or someone else from X.ORG?

* Updated the SMGL DocBook on the gnome.windsofstorm.net site (and the
corresponding section on developer.gnome.org). Some people on the list I
don't have an idea of who you represent, please review this and send
corrections to me so I can get this up to, pardon the pun, spec.

* Removed the section about people who we want on the list (the generic
ones like "Someone from X.ORG"). Contacts for all of the major players are
listed on the "should be on the project" page. If you can think of more,
please let me know.

* I've got some more touchups to do and contacts to make, but sometime in
the near future I will be posting a notice on SlashDot, etc., announcing
the purpose of this list, try to draw in any remaining elements that
should be here and to raise the bar of public awareness of this project.

At this point I would recommend that we actually begin strong formulation
of how to precede. Several recommendations and technical drafts have been
passed about, but I think before we can get too in-depth about _how_ to
implement it, we need to define _exactly_ _what_ it is we are proposing.

What is the purpose of this specification, and what does it define? What
is compliance to this specification, and what benefits does compliance
give to the developers and the users (separately).

Over the next week I will be correlating the answers to these questions
and entering them into the spec in development.

Thanks,
Nathan Clemons.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net