Re: Xdnd & workspaces

Michael Fulbright wrote:

> Once mozilla is using Xdnd and authors have patches to fix the
> screen capture issues, I don't see a problem with the desktops in E.
> Over the short term there will be some strife however.

One note about Xdnd. Currently icewm implements workspace switching when
user hovers the mouse over the workspace buttons and switches the
desktop after a small timeout. Some implementations (gtk+ was probably
ok, but the original implementation by xdnd authors was not - I am not
sure if it was fixed). I am not sure about Qt (I tried it, but can't
remember if it was OK). The problem is that the application loses grab
when the workspace is switched and either aborts DND or has some
problems during it.

Mark
--
... GUI: WPS.