Re: Sv: Window Manager configuration utilities

>Personally, my opinion is that if a WM has a config tool already, to just
>use it; and if it doesn't, then someone (probably should be someone from
>the WM group in question) should write it. Does it really matter how the
>config tools are organized? Isn't this an appropriate forum for WM
>individuality? Otherwise, you will have to update your library every time
>E adds a new feature, and the people maintaining the capplets will have to
>wait for you to update the library for them to update the capplet and
>people wait several weeks longer than necessary when the E WM includes its
>own config tool.

Creating a config tool aimed at those users who want everything to be
consistent and intuitive and then risking incompatibility between the program
and the config tool seems like a bad idea. Maybe Rasterman and Mandrake would
be interested in making a separate "E for Gnome" distribution? (E capplet
instead of e-conf, themes without desktop buttons, gmc-friendly mouse
bindings, etc)

Michael Rogers