Re: Work in Progress: draft 1.9a

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Well, if there are reasons for having such hints, simply speak them
> aloud. I don't know how many of us have participated in these
> 'fundamental discussions' you mention, but please don't put everyone
> in the same bucket.

Why is an application allowed to iconify itself according to ICCCM? Ctrl-z in
emacs shouldn't be there? Instead, people should use the WM's function.
Why can an application request reconfiguration (moving/resizing) according to
ICCCM? Sizegrips provided by the application shouldn't be possible?

Of course we could do the X thing and double all the hints by introducing a
"program specified" version and a "user defined" version. What will happen
then is, that all toolkits simply use the "user defined" variant because it's
more likely to be obeyed by the WM.

I apologize if I offended you, surely I didn't intend to put you into any
bucket.

Matthias