Re: Comments on 1.9c
- From: Matthias Clasen <clasen pong mathematik uni-freiburg de>
- To: wm-spec-list gnome org
- CC: wm-spec-list gnome org, "recipient.list.not.shown":;;;@redhat.com;
- Subject: Re: Comments on 1.9c
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:02:48 +0100
> What about "Icon windows"? It should be possible for apps to provide
> windows for icons, and therefore provide animated icons. Prior to X11,
> this was possible, and it turned out to be very useful: xterm had a 1x2
> high pixel font, and you could see when the xterm changed while running.
> I've always missed this feature.
But X11/ICCCM also has this, apps can set the icon_window field of the
WM_HINTS property to the id of the icon window. And at least xterm in X11R6.3
even uses this. Try xterm +ai
Mathematisches Institut, Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg
] [Thread Prev