Re: Simplifying the specs

On  1 Dec, Sam Lantinga scribbled:
->
->  Just a general comment...
->  Simplifying is a good thing.  The simpler and better the spec, the more
->  likely it is to be properly implemented among the various window
->  managers and applications.

but the simpler the spec in terms of functinality the less likely it is
to encompass enough concepts that it will be useful enough to impliment.

i knwo some aspects of the spec (currently struts) arent much use to me
because they assume that you MUSt have a toolbar the lenght of a side
of the screen (or more than one side) - windmwomaker and E tend to have
"toolbars" that dont take up entire sides (the icosn or dock/wharf in
windowmaker) use up segments of the display in areas - not entire
sides... so for us for exmaple geometry management if we do try and
maximise the workspace availabel is mroe complex - but  we have such an
environment... and it is a more general approach to the same problem.
it reduces tothe full screen side if you assume the "dock areas" are
the widht or height of the screen...

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster@rasterman.com     raster@valinux.com