Re: Status?

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:34:00 Sam Lantinga wrote:
|> Hi, we would like to support the various window managers, and our
|> windows come in two flavors (toggled at run-time):
|>
|> 1.  Normal
|> 2.  Decorationless, but still managed normally.
|>
|> What hints do we use to switch between the two?
|> Is there example code available that we can look at?
|>
|> FYI, we're a game company, porting games to Linux:
|> 	http://www.lokigames.com/
|> --
|> 	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software

Greetings Sam.

I've heard a lot about the company you work for of late, and you guys
are doing a good job proving that Linux is not just for the server
environment. What better method than games to prove it's dor the desktop
as well?

This list is mainly for introducing a specification of _new_ window manager
hints (ie, in addition to the MWM hint, etc.) to be compatible with GNOME,
KDE, etc.

However, could someone please respond to Sam and help him with his question?
Support for companies like Loki is a good thing to come from the Linux
community that Loki is embracing. Please cc: me when you do so so that I
can make sure that he's all set.

--Nathan

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net