MWM hints and close button decoration.

Hi

I am currently examining http://www.labs.redhat.com/wm.shtml

Am I right If I assume that with Motif window manager application
can decide what `buttons' are decorated to the application
title bar, i.e. if application don't want to have for example
minimize/maximize buttons it can inform WM not to decorate those.

If this is true, then, as you may know MWM does not ever have
close button on the window title bar (but in a title menu if
allowed to be decorated). Therefore the MWM hints `spesification'
has no `bit' definition for close button decoration i.e. application
can not inform wm If it wants/does not want to have close button
to be decorated.

If the MWM hints 'interface' can be used in such a purpose I suggest
that definition MWM_DECOR_CLOSE will be added to the interface. I may
have use for the feature in the future.

BTW: can these `hints' be sent when window is created and mapped
in order to change appearance (and title bar functionality) dynamically
when window is visible?

Tomi