[Valencia] Compiling Valencia for gedit 3.12

Hi,

I am new to this group and have some questions regarding Valencia and Gedit 3.12.
Since I upgraded my Ubuntu system to 14.04, Gedit in on 3.12.1 and the Valencia plugin stopped working.

Now I am trying to compile the plugin myself, so I thought I just give it a shot by changing the required gedit version to: gedit <= 3.12.1 in Makefile.

Unfortunately the build fails on:

fatal error: gedit/gedit-panel.h: No such file or directory

Am I missing some dependency here? Or is it that this version of gedit does not include this file anymore?

Of course I expect lot's of other errors, but I want to familiarize myself with Vala, Valencia, etc.

Anyone working on getting Valencia working with newer versions of gedit?