[Vala] Compiling a shared library with entry point

Hi there

I'm currently working on a project where it would be extremely useful if I could execute the shared library
I'm compiling. I know it can be done with C, so it should be doable with Vala.

What I have looked at so far is here:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/223411

So passing these flags to the c compiler with -X -pie etc. But to no avail.

And then I've tried of course to use the --main=symbol_name to try and set the entry point.

Yet, I still just get the 'Segmentation Fault' when I try to execute the .so

Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards
Rasmus Lindegaard