Re: [Vala] Parameter variables in async functions aren't preserved

Is the string array allocated on the stack?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM rastersoft <raster rastersoft com> wrote:

Hi all:

I did an async function and after a yield I tried to use one of the
parameter variables, but they contain garbage after that call (at least
in the case of an string array).

An example:

async void a_test(string[] a_list) {

     // here a_list contains the right data

     yield another_async_function();

     // now a_list contains garbage

}

The documentation doesn't mention this. Is this something expected, or a
bug?

--
Nos leemos
                         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)