Re: [Vala] Preprocessor defines via Meson or valac

If I can suggest a small improvement, you could use the
declare_dependency mechanism to add the definition only to the targets
that link against libfuse:

   libfuse_dep = dependency('libfuse')
   libfuse26_dep = declare_dependency(dependencies: [libfuse_dep].
                                      compile_args: '-
   DFUSE_USE_VERSION=26')

   executable('mount', 'mount.c', dependencies: [libfuse26_dep])