Re: [Vala] Confusing closure behavior

Al Thomas via vala-list writes:

   > On Monday, 8 April 2019, 23:01:05 BST, Vivien Kraus <vivien planete-kraus eu> wrote:
I have come across this weird closure thing. In other programming
languages, I would expect the closure in t to have a copy of i, but it
only has a reference. Is it expected?

That's an interesting question!

If you want a copy then pass it as an argument. If you want to usea
variable from the enclosing scope then use a closure, but bewareif it
changes in the enclosing scope it will change in the closure.

That was my initial thought. Kind of made sense until I read you
expected other programming languages to make a copy.
Now that I have checked in R and Python, you're right: it makes sense to
have a reference even for integers.  I don't understand my confusion.
Maybe I thought these kinds of implicit references were only for classes
and not simple types.

Sorry for that :)

Vivien