Re: [Vala] swpan error won win32

Hi,

In fact my version of vala makes Win64 binaries so I just put
gspawn-win64-helper-console.exe and all is now perfect.

(in fact I've read something about win32 gspawn when vala was linking my
project so I've thought that I've need gspawn-win32, ooops)

Regards

Raum

Hi,

I'm trying to launch a command with spawn_async_with_pipes
unsuccessfully...

I've installed gspawn_console and helper executables in the same directory
of test.vala

--- test.vala -----------------------------------------------

int main (string[] args) {

              string[] spawn_args;
// spawn_args = { "a_soft.exe" };
              spawn_args = {"dir"};
              string[] spawn_env = Environ.get ();
              Pid child_pid;

              int standard_input;
              int standard_output;
              int standard_error;

              try {

                      Process.spawn_async_with_pipes (null,
                              spawn_args,
                              spawn_env,
                              SpawnFlags.SEARCH_PATH ,
                              null,
                              out child_pid,
                              out standard_input,
                              out standard_output,
                              out standard_error);
               } catch (SpawnError e) {
                       stderr.printf ("Error : %s\n", e.message);
              }

              return 0;
}

I've set on a cmd shell : set G_SPAWN_WIN32_DEBUG=1

I've launched valac with a lot ofd debug information about
vala_gspawn_console:
valac test.vala -o test.exe
calling C:\Vala\bin\vala-gspawn-console.exe with argv:
argv[0]: C:\Vala\bin\vala-gspawn-console.exe
argv[1]: 6
argv[2]: 7
argv[3]: z
argv[4]: 4
argv[5]: -
argv[6]: -
argv[7]: y
argv[8]: y
argv[9]: w
argv[10]: pkg-config
argv[11]: --silence-errors
argv[12]: --modversion
argv[13]: glib-2.0
(...)

and then launched test.exe and get :
test.exe
calling C:\Temp\gspawn-win64-helper-console.exe with argv:
argv[0]: "C:\Temp\gspawn-win64-helper-console.exe"
argv[1]: 10
argv[2]: 11
argv[3]: 3
argv[4]: 6
argv[5]: 8
argv[6]: -
argv[7]: y
argv[8]: y
argv[9]: -
argv[10]: dir
argv[11]: NULL
Could not load UI: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)

Do you have an idea ? where am I wrong ?

thanks

Regards

Raum