Re: [Vala] Newbie help requested for scrolling a TextView

   > On Thursday, 25 January 2018, 01:00:05 GMT, Manish Jain <jude obscure yandex com> wrote:
Despite a lot of effort to write an event handler, I still cannot get > the scale to tell the view to
scroll. I have tried scrolling with the
scroll_to_iter() method, but the iterator always lands me at the top of
the file, whereas I want the view to move south.

Have you tried moving the TextIter with something like:https://valadoc.org/gtk+-3.0/Gtk.TextIter.set_line.html

It sounds like you want a TextIter instance for your vscale widget that you can then moveabout the document
and then scroll to it.
It may be your almost there, just missing the last piece of the puzzle!
Regards,
Al