Re: [Vala] GTK_CHECK_VERSION in Vala

Hi,

You can't, sorry.

Preprocessor in vala is simplistic, and doesn't intend to be more complex.
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/FAQ#Does_Vala_have_a_preprocessor.3F

But, you can define a symbol using valac command.
You will find plenty of examples to do it with autotools, for meson you can
get inspiration from the Gnome repository.

static int main(string[] args)
{
#if GTK_3_22
    stdout.puts("GTK_3_22\n");
#else
    stdout.puts("other\n");
#endif

    return 0;
}

$ valac main.vala && ./main
others
$ valac -D GTK_3_22 main.vala && ./main
GTK_3_22

Or you can use vala code checking the actual version.

using Gtk;
static int main(string[] args)
{
    stdout.printf("Gtk: %d.%d.%d\n", Gtk.MAJOR_VERSION, Gtk.MINOR_VERSION,
Gtk.MICRO_VERSION);

    return 0;
}

$ valac --pkg gtk+-3.0 main.vala && ./main
Gtk: 3.22.10

Hope I helped,
Luc.