Re: [Vala] New test framework updates.

On Sunday, 15 October 2017, 00:46:23 BST, Jason Martin <agrellum gmail com> wrote:
It looks like the first echo -n problem is on line 222 in testrunner.sh

if $VALAC $VALAFLAGS -o test$EXEEXT $([ -z "$PACKAGES" ] || echo $PACKAGES
| xargs -n 1 echo -n " --pkg") main.vala &>log; then

Unknown option -n

From the echo man page:" -n     do not output the trailing newline
  -e     enable interpretation of backslash escapes"
That sounds pretty much like printf. This appears to be a very good write
up:https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/65803/why-is-printf-better-than-echo
From what I can tell printf is more portable and now built in to most shells.

So I would suggest opening a report in bugzilla and submitting a patch with printf working on solaris and
sunos. We can then take it from there.
All the best,
Al