Re: [Vala] glib backtrace

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. I guess based on the VAPI name it's Linux specific - but does it rely on glibc or is
it actually using something Linux-kernel-specific?

Indeed they are glibc-specific rather than Linux-specific.
Their presence in Linux.vapi is merely historic, since when I added
most of the POSIX-extensions, Linux.vapi looked like a good choice.

It doesn’t really hurt keeping them there, since using said constructs
on a non-Linux system should work fine, still, if we were to reconsider
the bindings structure, i’d vote for a glibc.vapi, where these
(and some more) functions would fit better.

Cheers,

Mickey.