[Vala] GLib.MemoryOutput.Stream.get_data - is this a bug?

Hi.

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this email.

I found that when calling GLib.MemoryOutputStream.get_data () the returned
uint8[] has a bogus length value. Example:

unowned uint8[] foo;
foo = my_memory_output_stream.get_data (); // foo.length is set to some
nonsensical value
foo.length = (int) my_memory_output_stream.get_data_size (); // set
foo.length correctly

Is this behavior intended? If yes, I think it should be documented as
valadoc is mute about it. If no, is this a bug with vala's api and where
should I report it?

Regard,

sf.