Re: [Vala] Extended floating types

May you should be able to create your own basic type.

May should be a guide to do so.

GLib should have this types too, before you are able to create your basic
types. This means you should define a GType for a basic type, in this case
your long double.

May we can create a library to define this math basic types, to be used in
other libraries. This is not a GLib interest, I think, because is not a
primary Math library.

I was working a little in that, but may you should ask to gtk-list for help
on defining this new types.

In other ideas, is required to use that types or is possible to use some
structs holding your information in a way to be used in other methods, that
may take that structs an do calculations using that types internally,
written in C with Vala bindings [1], then return again that structs.

[] See git.gnome.org/browse/gxml it uses simple C methods and Vala bindings
to be used in Vala code for xlibxml