Re: [Vala] DBus Server and Thread

Sorry forget about it.

I'm using a ThreadPool and this particular case, my code was calling ThreadPool.add after ThreadPool.free

Regards,

Guillaume.

Le 04/05/2016 à 21:23, Marcin Lewandowski a écrit :
Is there any chance to see a code sample?

m.

W dniu 4 maja 2016 @ 20:05:21, Guillaume Benoit (guillaume manjaro org <mailto:guillaume manjaro org>) napisał(a):

Hi all,

I'm writing a dbus server and a client in Vala and I'm facing some trouble.

Because I have a function which can takes a long time to run, I created
a method in the server which launches a thread and returns without
waiting for the thread to finish.

This long running function sends progress signals and all works well,
the client can call the method and connect to signals.

The problem is when the client try to call another method when the long
running thread hasn't finished. The client hangs up because the server
doesn't send a response. I always have the no response timeout error.

I expected that launching my long running function in a thread would
make the dbus server responsive but it's not the case.

Can someone tell me what is the problem and how to solve it?

Regards,

Guillaume.