Re: [Vala] Inspecting class hierarchy

Yes, that's what I thought too.

However, looking at GtkBuilder's source code, it has a function called
type_name_mangle which converts a name like "GtkButton" to
"gtk_button_get_type", then uses GModule to load that function.  Vala's C
generation seems to create a function of the same/similar naming
convention, so the equivalent of typeof(Weapon) in C is weapon_get_type().

As a sketch, I suppose something like this ought to work:

[CCode (has_target=false)]
private delegate Type TypeOf();
var module = Module.open(null, 0); // opens the program itself instead of a
different module
TypeOf get_type;
module.symbol("weapon_get_type", (void*) &get_type); // the real program
needs to generate the name and check the return value here
Type type = get_type();

Object obj = Object.create(type, "damage", 10);

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Felipe Lavratti <felipelav gmail com>