Re: [Vala] Genie Language Questions

      From: truck <truck openmailbox org>
 Subject: [Vala] Genie Language Questions

I would like to get started with the Genie Language. Information is
sparse--so sparse, I don't feel confident trying to do anything with it.

The main documentation is the tutorial:https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GenieSo if you have constructive
feedback on that I will try and update it accordingly.
You may want to look at the Khövsgöl Project, which is a reasonably sized
project:https://github.com/tliron/khovsgol/

StackOverflow has a number of answers relating to details of Genie syntax, SQLite, GTK+ and so
on:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/genie
A list of links to other resources is also
available:https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Genie/TutorialsBlogsExamples

I am hoping to get a complete rundown of all aspects of the language.

As illustrated in https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Genie#Compiling_and_Genie.27s_Relation_to_CGenie is an
alternative syntax to the Vala compiler, so the underlyingconcepts in Vala apply to Genie. Although some
features are not implemented, such asdefining anonymous functions between parentheses and braces.

Are there any hidden resources on the Genie language? I was hoping to
find a complete reference or spec.

If you need full technical details then Genie is just three files in the Vala source code.See
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Genie/Developing for relevant links. Genie comprisesa scanner and parser only.

You may also find someone on irc://irc.gnome.org/vala who answers your questions.
What kind of project were you planning to do in Genie?

Al