Re: [Vala] why valac says "error: Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)"

      From: oyster <lepto python gmail com>
 Sent: Monday, 20 June 2016, 4:18
 Subject: Re: [Vala] why valac says "error: Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)"

currently, the following command line creates EXE file in my msys
without problem as Dmitry says
[quote]
$ valac hello.vala
error: Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)
error: Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)
error: Failed to execute child process (Exec format error)
Compilation failed: 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

$ gcc -o hello.exe hello.vala.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0`

The 'Exec format' used on Windows is Portable Executable ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Executable )
As I've already pointed out from
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384249%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
"However, 32-bit processes cannot load 64-bit DLLs for execution, and 64-bit processes cannot load 32-bit
DLLs for execution."
How have you decided that is not a possibility?
I'm not sure how you check the binary format, but it looks as though the machine word is 0x14c for x86
(32bit) and 0x8664 for x86_64 (64bit). See
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms680313(v=vs.85).aspx

Al