[Vala] Getting a dbus property

I have been attempting to retrieve an object property from dbus using vala with very little success. Could a
kind soul show me the equivalent vala to the python below?

    import dbus

    session_bus = dbus.SessionBus()

    proxy_obj = session_bus.get_object('com.canonical.hud', '/com/canonical/hud/applications/atom')

    properties_manager = dbus.Interface(proxy_obj, 'org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties')

    menus = properties_manager.Get('com.canonical.hud.Application', 'MenuModels')