Re: [Vala] Testing framework

Hi all,

I've done some thinking about this over the last couple of months and used
the holiday period to finish off a few things, namely a port of Gherkin to
Vala. You can grab it from here if you want to check it out:
https://github.com/chebizarro/gherkin-vala

It doesn't do much at the moment, it just parses Gherkin feature files into
an AST that can be manipulated or output as JSON. My plan is to integrate
it with a more sophisticated framework on top of or at least compatible
with GLib Test. To this end, I've forked and updated the old Valadate
codebase as a possible starting point https://github.com/chebizarro/valadate

I imagine that the ideal framework would be similar to JUnit and feature a
GUI as well as a command line interface, but there's no reason it has to be
a carbon copy. I'm going to be sketching out what I think is a reasonable
roadmap over the next week or so with a view to an alpha release around the
end of February. If anyone is interested in contributing, or has any
specific ideas about what sort of features they would find the most useful,
please get in touch - you can often find me lurking on IRC as bizarro or
just send me an email.

Cheers
Chris D

That is a nice question! I'd like to know the answer as well.

I use CppUTest to test C/C++ code, in the worst case scenario I'd
generate C code and test on top of it.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 8:28 AM, marcin saepia net <marcin saepia net>