Re: [Vala] Parsing Vala/Genie code for auto-completion propuse: Should it be a `valac' feature or a separate project?

This might help

https://github.com/benwaffle/vala-completion

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016, 6:34 PM Felipe Lavratti <felipelav gmail com> wrote:

Hello friends!

I want to spend some effort in bringing up a nice auto complete system to
be used in the Atom code editor.

First thing I am studying how to do the the indexation of code elements,
and this question has came to me: Why not use the vala compiler itself as
the parser, since it already does all the parsing job? I started my
learning with the vala compiler code, it doesn't seem hard to add this
feature to it, so I must come here and ask what do you vala experts think
about this?

Should it be or shouldn't it be a Valac feature?

Thanks