Re: [Vala] xgettext and genie

----- Original Message -----

From: rastersoft <raster rastersoft com>
Sent: Friday, 16 December 2016, 20:09
Subject: [Vala] xgettext and genie

An user asked about using autovala with genie, so I'm working on adding
support for it.

Sounds good, thanks.

My question is: how can I extract the translatable strings with xgettext
from a genie source file? xgettext has support for vala, but the manpage
says nothing about genie, and when trying, it tries with C syntax...

You could try:
xgettext --language=Vala
This picks up:
    print _( "simple translation sample" )

    print dgettext( null, "simple translation sample" )

    print( _( "simple translation sample" ))
    print( dgettext( null, "simple translation sample" ))
in Genie.

You could also try:
xgettext --language=Python
if there are any problems with white space parsing, although I'm not sure that is used. Genie doesn't use the
# for comments though.

Al