Re: [Vala] Detect wayland

If Gtk+ is built with support for both X11 and Wayland, you can detect it
because an environment variable will be set.

A quick search (gtk3 wayland env variable) got me this:
"When both Wayland and X backends are enabled, GTK+ will default to the X11
backend, but this can be overridden by modifying an environment variable:
GDK_BACKEND=wayland." (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wayland)

I suspect if Gtk+ is built without support for X11, that this may not work.

A better option may be to look at
https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-Wayland-Interaction.html and
make vapi bindings for gdkwayland.h.

     Jonathan Moerman

Hi all:

I want my program Terminus to be able to run under Wayland.
Unfortunately, by default tries to bind to a key, which Wayland doesn't
support and produces a core dump.

It is possible to detect if my code is running under Wayland to disable
the key binding?

Thanks.

--
Nos leemos