Re: [Vala] (no subject)

On Sun, 2016-04-03 at 18:38 -0400, Steven Oliver wrote:
When running my program, I get three error messages that all look
exactly
like this with a different number:

(balistica:2718): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_has_prefix: assertion
'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed

I have a pretty good idea what's causing the error but I'm more
concerned
about where exactly "balistica:2718" is. I assume that's a line
number it's
referencing, correct?

Nope, it's not a line number it's a PID.

The error is coming from inside glib (due to you calling
GLib.File.has_prefix on a null instance).  If you want to know where in
your code it's coming from you can load it into gdb with the G_DEBUG
environment variable set to fatal-criticals and grab a backtrace when
you see the sigtrap.