Re: [Vala] libserialport binding

From: 张诚 <pigex zhang gmail com>

Sent: Friday, 19 June 2015, 4:52
Subject: [Vala] libserialport binding

Hi:

i was written libserialport vala's binding

https://github.com/Matrix-Zhang/libserialport-vala
Looks useful, thanks.

For now I have added a link to your VAPI from https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/ExternalBindings

Looking over the API I have a few wider questions:
- is using GLib; necessary at the beginning?

- why change the namespace from SerialPort to LibSerialPort? I notice LibEvent had a similar change in the
VAPI extras repository, is this a new convention?

- copyright and licensing notices. A lot of VAPIs state the author and have a license. Do we have a preferred
license and is a license even necessary for an API?

All the best,

Al