[Vala] Bad C code generation (lvalue required as unar y ‘&’ operand)

I am working on Valum, a web micro-framework written in Vala
https://github.com/antono/valum

valac is generating very strange code that doesn't compile.

Part of the framework is about offering facilities to push arbitrary
values into CTPL template environment.

At some point, I try to case a Value? to a non-null Value (I have of
course tested the null case, I just want it to pass under
--enable-experimental-non-null)

        vala --version

        Vala 0.26.1

Here's the use case:

        Value? v;
        var val = (Value) v;

The error:

        lvalue required as unary ‘&’ operand

I attached the full log and the bug is easily reproducible (the sample
does it).

--
Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com>