Re: [Vala] Nest ncurses in a Gtk window?

Why don't you use Vte? It's designed to embed terminal http://valadoc.o
rg/#!api=vte-2.91/Vte.Terminal

Sorry if you have received two messages, I did not send the first one
through the mailing list.

Le vendredi 04 décembre 2015 à 19:32 +0100, Gilzad Hamuni a écrit :
Hi list,

sorry to ask if this has been answered before, I might have chosen
the wrong terms while searching.

Is it possible to nest curses into a Gtk.Window?

I was thinking of cascading it into a Vte and put that into a
Gtk.Window but my thoughts kind of got stuck how to approach
correctly in Vala.

Background:
I wrote a Gtk application that emulates a specific terminal using a
Gtk.TextView to display and format everything. Turns out it's not as
responsive as it should be and I blame my early choice for the rather
complex TextView. So I'd probably exchange the TextView by something
that is more suitable for terminal displays. However, people shall be
able to see the content in a Gtk.Window. That's where I'm stuck. Any
advice?

Thanks a bunch in advance

gilzad